Melbourne/Vic 2019 Melbourne Mini Registration - June 22-23

Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 22, 2019 Sunday, Jun 23, 2019
Registration deadline
Wednesday, Jun 5, 2019
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
djgra79 djgra79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Red Red 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Cee DeLights Cee DeLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1 Spoiler content hidden.
gerry gerry 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Robbo Robbo 2 Spoiler content hidden.
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
abundy abundy 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Binny Binny 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Kotche Kotche 1
battle79 battle79 1 Spoiler content hidden.
vk3heg vk3heg 1
andrewa andrewa 1 Spoiler content hidden.
buzzdude buzzdude 1 Spoiler content hidden.
daunce daunce 1 Spoiler content hidden.
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
tuppetsdad tuppetsdad 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Xmas_Wanders Xmas_Wanders 1 Spoiler content hidden.
tom82 tom82 1
DavidJ247 DavidJ247 1 Spoiler content hidden.
AAH AAH 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B BallaratLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Eizziljam Eizziljam 1 Spoiler content hidden.
C charltonmick 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B Brett Greenland 1 Spoiler content hidden.
C christophe 2 Spoiler content hidden.
roo roo 1 Spoiler content hidden.
cdjazman cdjazman 1 Spoiler content hidden.

burnt

Full time elf
payment has been received and updated
Roos
AndrewA
Daunce
VK3heg
cdjazman
bradsxmaslights
battle79
xnas wanders

Last edited:

daunce

Full time elf
Apologies fellas I couldn’t make it today. I got a lot out of it yesterday. Now to start ordering pixels and materials for arches.

Big thanks to organisers, presenters, sponsors, and attendees. Great job.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Well that wraps up the 2019 Melboune Mini!
A HUGE thank you to everyone. These events don't really work unless there are people willing to help out, contribute and come along.
Special shout outs to @burnt for taking the reins and setting up the room and running the weekend (and to anyone else that helped him out!) Also to @keithsw1111 @Troy ELD @roo @BradsXmasLights and all those that took the time to travel far and wide to be at the mini and contribute. I hope the group was able to get a lot out of the weekend from your wide range of combined knowldege and know-how.
Also thanks to everyone who helped contribute with prizes or leads on contacts for prizes. We ended up with over $2700 worth of prizes this year, a huge amount which would not be possible without the gernerosity of our sponsors.

While it's still fresh in your mind, we'd love some feedback on how this weekend went and what you'd like to see in the future. So if you have 5 mins, please fill out the survey below so we can collect your thoughts and findings, and work on delivering a mini that YOU would want to see and attend.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K6PT8PV

We welcome all feedback, good or bad, don't be shy. If we don't know what you want, we can't cater for your needs.

Cheers, DJ.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
The mini was fabulous this year. It really targeted the more experienced crew but nearly all attendees were in this category. I learn't a lot more than I had at any other mini - in particular about XLights (big thank you Keith). It is really nice to see how members have become vendors/suppliers, making the stuff we need .Troy, AAH, Keith and others contribute greatly to our community and we should all support them. They have made such a big effort to support our blinky passion and enable us to make amazing things possible.
Thank you to the organisers, very well done, and great to see people from interstate coming to Melbourne (sorry about the weather). nice to catch up with people I had not seen for a long time and to meet new community members
I had a great weekend Tuppetsdad

keithsw1111

Senior elf
Thank you everyone for your generous hospitality over the weekend. I really enjoy the minis every year and the opportunity to meet new people and those i have only every interacted with online was great.
I also really appreciated the input many gave me on xLights and assure you that pretty much all of the changes requested were added to xLights before the plane landed in Sydney. There is one of Alan's requests outstanding but my bag arrived too quickly on the carousel so that will have to wait until this evening.
Thanks to DJ, Burnt and others for organising everything and to Alan and Troy for having a bunch of products to look through and those that brought down props and controller boxes to let us all see how others build their displays.
Thanks also to those that came out to dinner on Saturday night ... I know it is hard for many to do the evenings as well as the day time but the opportunity to catch up over dinner was also a highlight.
For those who had no interest in xLights (you know who you are) thank you for tolerating my endless babbling on the topic. I am hoping you also got something out of the mini as under the covers all of the sequencers work in somewhat similar ways.
Finally a particular thanks to Jim who generously drove Brad and I home from the mini both evenings it really took a lot of stress out of the travel.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I was pretty rapt with the mini. I learned some much more of the features of xlights which will both improve my sequencing rate and also improve it as I have battled for years trying to get effects to do stuff that you can do with 1 click with the buffer settings. I did my best to get Troys stuff sold after he has made the effort to start making this awesome stuff available in Aus and he brought lots of it down with him. I had 3 props ordered from him, 1 was a custom that could now become a standard product at both ELD and Boscoyo. On top of those 3 I won 1 as a door prize and bought about 7 or 8 more. I want to encourage Troy to make the trip down South again as it saves us a bucketload in freight, lets us see what is available and also gives us a chance to talk custom designs with him. As for Keith. I was in awe of both his knowledge that he imparted over what was probably a few hrs of talking but also his receptiveness to listen to new ideas to add to Xlights. A number of them will be hitting the shelves soon. As for Xscheduler, I thought it was simply a playback proggy with a few added bits. In reality it should be the go to program if you want any interactivity with your display. There is an immense amount of flexibility in it and sooooooo many things that can be used to change soooooooo many different aspects of sequence playback.
Thanks so much to djgra79 (Graham) and Burnt (Stuart) for organising such a successful mini and once again to Xmas Wanders (Justin) for the projector and screen.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks to those who have filled out the survey so far, but there were over 20 people who attended on Saturday alone and we'd love to hear from most of you for your feedback and suggestions for future minis!!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K6PT8PV

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
We have a handfull of the sequence prizes that we do not have names or email addresses for. Please PM me with your name and email if you won one of these prizes so your details can be forwarded to the vendors to collect your prize.

Also, EVERY person who attended has won a FREE megatree sequence from Holiday Sequences!
But, in order to give it to you I need your email addresses. I have a number of them, but am missing a few considering there over 20 people who attended.
So if you did not write your email down on the sheet at the mini, please PM your name and email address so I can send you the sequence details via email :)

DavidJ247

Full time elf
Very grateful to have won a sequence voucher from Pixel Pro Displays on the weekend, the voucher is for the sequence Bob Rivers - Joy to the World (original layout). The song is not to my taste but I would hate to see it go to waste so happy to pass it on if someone else from the Melb mini can make use of it, just pm me. First come first served.

View: https://youtu.be/-herzKDZ00A

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Melbourne.. You rock! Thanks for the warm welcome (too bad the weather fricken cold!) It was an awesome weekend. Sold lots of coro and learnt heaps of new stuff about xlights. Great to meet all of you and hopefully will be back next year.

vk3heg

Full time elf
"Troy ELD: (too bad the weather fricken cold!)"

It didn't help that some people left the door open when they went out. :(