Melbourne/Vic Australian Melbourne Mini 2011

If you did'nt attend the Melbourne Mini, why?

• I'm going to another Mini somewhere else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'd have come but it clashed with something else ( Bad date for me )

• I've spent too much on lights already ( too expensive )

• Did'tn even know about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

davidt

New elf
G'day All,

Just wondering if anyone has booked accommodation yet for Melbourne and if so where?

Alternatively any recommendations for accommodation close to the venue would be great.

Cheers,

davidt

mrpackethead

Full time elf
AAH said:
I had a look on the map and had a look at the schedule. It's a shame that it spans 2 days as it'd be good to see the whole thing but I just can't justify spending 2 days down south.

just come for one day then.

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Although a late RSVP, I'm able to make the Melbourne Mini so put me in. I'd be interested in the soldering demo as well. Looking forward to it!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'll be down for Saturday.
I'm still debating on Sunday as it's another 4hrs driving or a stay in my 2nd least favourite city overnight.
Will be great to put some faces to names and see some of the stuff that I can mainly just dream about.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Unfortunatly I will now not be attending due to work commitments, Logistics have moved a major shut 2 weeks forward, so me being involved in the planning and organising a lot of this work means I must be there. Damn :(

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Very sorry to hear that Eddy, you will be missed.

Do you have anyone in mind for any of your sessions? If you could email me what you have when you get a chance that would be great, I know you put a lot of work into being prepared, it would be very sad for it not to see the light of day.

In case anyone reading this would like to volunteer, Eddy has prepared some presentations which now need speakers. We would be very grateful to anyone who stepped in for any of these sessions. There may even be some very special presenter gifts floating around...

SATURDAY:
  • Software Demonstration: Light Show Pro
SUNDAY:
  • Presentation: Pixel strings: what to look for and what can they do
  • Presentation: E1.31 protocol—what it is, what it does, what it means for the world of lights and how to set up a simple system.

We are also still in need of a presenter for one other session:
  • Software Demonstration: Vixen. (Saturday)

AAH

I'm sure that there's a reason for it but I was wondering why the Melbourne mini is a 2 day event and the other 2 are single day events.
I know it's not because us southerners are slower than the rest of Aussie because i know that's not true :p

mrpackethead

Full time elf
AAH said:
I'm sure that there's a reason for it but I was wondering why the Melbourne mini is a 2 day event and the other 2 are single day events.
I know it's not because us southerners are slower than the rest of Aussie because i know that's not true :p

I think its because this is the premium event.

kool-lites

Full time elf
AAH said:
Last year was the first Sydney event. When organising it decided to keep to one day, for two main reasons:
  • weren't really sure if any one else would turn up ::)
  • we wanted to start with a lower impact of the rest of our family's life.

mrpackethead

Full time elf
AAH said:

it might be more to the amount of beer that some people may consume.

race777

New elf
Any word on if the event will be streamed for those of us who can't get there, it would definately be appreciated if possible.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
I can feel the pressure from the streamers. It's a bit like the AFL Grand Final. If it's sold out we will show live!

AAH

Any chance that there will be name tags available with maybe room for Name, Site nick, location and maybe hardware/channel info that they use.
I personally have a memory like a sieve and am truly terrible when it comes to names and faces.

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
Hi AAH yes we will have name tags. For Presenters we will have special ones. For others Printed ones ones. Not really space for everything else but we will consider your suggestion. See you soon!

mrpackethead

Full time elf
Re: Australian Mini 2011: Show and tell?

Got your show and tell items ready to bring to the mini? Heres mine. Just finished in time.. This is the e2, litternally hot of the press, number one finished this morning e1.31 to pixel software working, ( albeit needing a tidy up ), Onboard DC/DC converter working, it happy works on between 12 and 50VDC as expected.

I'm packing up now, and flying out to Melbourne tommorrow. If you are still humming and harring about coming.. then its not too late... just turn on up..