Melbourne/Vic Australian Melbourne Mini 2011

If you did'nt attend the Melbourne Mini, why?

• I'm going to another Mini somewhere else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not interested

• I'd have come but it clashed with something else ( Bad date for me )

• I've spent too much on lights already ( too expensive )

• Did'tn even know about it.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
tuppet said:
oh, and volunteers are still needed for some sessions - see the wiki for details. We particularly need someone to:
1. give an overview on wireframes, trees stars etc. and how to do some basic construction/summary of existing designs
Hi Tuppet
I could talk for a good 30mins on these topics and my experiences - both good and bad - with these various types of constructions. Ive done mini & mega trees, wireframes, arches, stars etc.

Regards Geoff

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I see that your still looking for a presenter on E1.31. Im happy to do that as well

If no one want to do the radios i may look at doing that as well, but i need to plan a preso for the others first

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
but eddy, i was going to fly in just to do that ..... wish, wish, wink, wink

-ed

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
j1sys said:
but eddy, i was going to fly in just to do that ..... wish, wish, wink, wink

-ed

just send me an ECG-PIXAD8 instead and ill do it and save you the money on the flights ;)

But seriously an ECG-PIXAD8 would be great to show off at the mini

tuppet

Apprentice elf
CALL FOR INTEREST: WORKSHOP

This is your official one month countdown warning

ARE YOU INTERESTED IN A SOLDERING WORKSHOP AT THE MINI?
1. Do you want to take part in a soldering workshop in the mini?
2. Is there a particular project you would like to try, or a skill you would like to learn?
3. Is there something you would be willing to teach?
If you DON'T want a workshop I want to know that too.

I'm running low on time here guys so any volunteers would be great - my exams start 2 days after the mini, so I really can't do this stuff.

Eddy, I'm thinking the radio session will be mostly a discussion, so I only need someone to get the conversation going - no presentation planning needed. I'm happy to designate someone on the day, so don't worry about it.

daunce

Full time elf
I'd take part in a soldering workshop. I guess for this hobby, ya need to know how to join wires, and solder boards.

Geoff: for your session, i can bring a mini tree to add to your display. 5mm steel, costs $4 per tree.

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
Daunce

Having another type of minitree to display will be great. Thanks.
As I'm driving (for various reasons). I'll have a few of the smaller bits and pieces from my display as well, but anybody else who would like to display some of their constructions is most welcome.

Looking forward to seeing everybody soon
Geoff

tuppet

Apprentice elf
MPH, what on earth are you bringing! Airlines don't like you very much, do they?
Let us know if there is anything we have which you want to use so you don't have to carry so much over. Fortunately we have a forklift at work to cart around your 2 tonnes.

All for this talk of minitrees... we could have a real forest going on. we've got some space in the warehouse and a couple of hours set aside for showing off trees and stars and whatever other weird and wonderful things people bring to show, so the more the merrier (there are some limits though mph...).

All we want to know is your power requirements (e.g. 3x 240v powerpoints) because that way we can have enough extension cords :p

tuppetsdad

Funding & Tech Support
No prob's MPH just remember we are really good at unloading but not so good on re-loading. We also have three phase power for real big things (maybe a dinosaur Tuppet) . May have a few winches in place let's see!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Is there another Melbourne around other than the 1 to the south of me? If the event is on the north side and isn't far from the Calder I'll have to think about coming. As a country boy ;) i hate driving in Melbourne. There's pretty much only 1 thing worse and that's driving in Sydney. it truly would be awesome to catch up and meet some of you other fanatics and to see what else is around.

Alan

tuppet

Apprentice elf
Sorry AAH, Abbotsford is pretty close in to the city. Hope you'll consider coming down anyway - the program is on the wiki if there is anything you are particularly interested in.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
I had a look on the map and had a look at the schedule. It's a shame that it spans 2 days as it'd be good to see the whole thing but I just can't justify spending 2 days down south.