Brisbane/Qld Brisbane Mini 2021 29th-30th May

Event details

Event date
Saturday, May 29, 2021 Sunday, May 30, 2021
Registration deadline
Monday, May 24, 2021
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
Superman Superman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Jarrad33 Jarrad33 1
C crazymofo 1
Cherie & Wayne Cherie & Wayne 2 Spoiler content hidden.
kinglights kinglights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Melinda Melinda 2
B bpratt 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M miked 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Giles1 Giles1 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Domestos Domestos 1
tacaram tacaram 1
I itsdorny 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B Bigred1978 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Dez Dez 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Johnno Johnno 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Dreamin Dreamin 1 Spoiler content hidden.

Rebel Crowd

New elf
Thank you for a great day sorry had to leave early and wont be able to make it Sunday. look forward to hopefully catching up with some in the future.
Good luck for Sunday keep the lights bright and flashing.

P.S realized as a newbie have so much to learn.

Junior

Full time elf
Hi All.
I've updated the the first thread to include the time and price in the details. We'll kick off at 8am for both days and go though to around 4pm. Format is Workshop Style.
I will be bringing parts of my display to play with and we will be able to cover such things as FPP, Basic setup, Power injection, Software, Large format P5 panel setups, Moving Head Lights, Tools and Testing equipment and using projectors in your display.
Everyone is invited to bring something of interest along if your able too or something your Struggling with.
Great to see many new names coming along and I look forward to meeting you all.
Steve
Moving heads? Who presenting that?

Dreamin

Full time elf
Awesome day! Thanks. Great to see some things I’ve never seen before and learn a bit more about. Also great to chat to like minded people about a hobby most of my family think I’m crazy for taking on.
Can’t wait to play with my prize from the raffle! Still can’t believe I won something! Thank you to all the amazing donations for that. It was all very generous! Love the key ring too. Can’t wait to make a tune to sign now and hook up the kulo board for a play!

Cherie & Wayne

New elf
After having to rush back home in the early hours of this morning to attend a break in at our home (fortunately turned out to be attempted/unsuccessful), we missed day two of the Brissy mini :(...but I want to say a HUGE thankyou to Steve for his presentations and Jarrad for his display and info on the Kulp/Beaglebone -but now I think I might not be able to live without one !:laugh:. We both have walked away with some real world advice, problems solved, questions resolved and a double shot of enthusiasm to keep us moving forward. Really appreciated everything the organisers and sponsors arranged and their efforts. Maybe next year if another one is again on the cards I can contribute in some way, even if it is just showing a video of my first year light display ;)

Rick33

New elf
I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the last two days.
A massive thanks Steve and Baz for all your help today with the arch, it was well worth staying up until the late night/early morning to get those 800 pixels in. The help was greatly appreciated by Mel and myself. And also for preparing and hosting the weekend.
Thank you to Steve, Baz, Jarrad, Matt and everyone who's brains I picked throughout the two days and for sharing all your knowledge, and Jarrad for bringing our props that we were impatiently waiting for.

We had read that people were helpful with getting in to the light game, and that was no lie.
We met a lot of great people, and if there is any thought of a build day, count us in. Looking forward to the next one.

Melinda

New elf
I think @Rick33 took all the words . Just can't thank the guys enough for their help getting the power injection set up yesterday for this, and splitting the custom 824 string because someone *me* realised on Saturday night they hadn't taken into account their 40fps sequences

Attachments

• 20210530_120302.jpg
    20210530_120302.jpg
    1,002.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210530_123857.jpg
    20210530_123857.jpg
    815.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20210530_123923.jpg
    20210530_123923.jpg
    844 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210530_124036.jpg
    20210530_124036.jpg
    851.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20210530_124052.jpg
    20210530_124052.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 26

Johnno

Love Blinky Blink
Thanks everyone for organising and presenting and Jarrad's genourous gift for the raffle. It was very enjoyable day, sorry couldnt make it for sunday. I look forward to next years Mini.