Confirm/Order Acrylic white tube 50mm OD 3m long

Status
Not open for further replies.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Fasteddy said:
Most factories set a minimum order quantity (MOQ) and this will vary between suppliers with quantity, cost or weight used as the minimum order.
So unless a MOQ is achieved then they wont deal with you. They will not split orders in many cases or if they do you either have to order the MOQ for the second delivery as well or pay at least 20% or more additional costs for a part order

Each factory deals with MOQ differently
I found another factory that made the same product but MOQ was 5km of tube. We are lucky that the MOQ on this one is so low.

darylc

404 darylc not found
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Correct, but I want to sell the 200 here first so we can guarantee this order. Darylc are you wanting any.

I'm undecided at the moment.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Still in for 6-8 will check money stores when i get home from Melbourne, but put me down for 6 for sure....

Baf05

Full time elf
I am still in,

need to confirm freight to Canberra, and how to bend the tube. I think my arches are two meters in length which will leave me with a fair bit of wastage, but I am sure I can do some thing with them....

bending, fill with sand and then what?

mborg10

Michael Borg
Baf05 said:
I am still in,

need to confirm freight to Canberra, and how to bend the tube. I think my arches are two meters in length which will leave me with a fair bit of wastage, but I am sure I can do some thing with them....

bending, fill with sand and then what?
Heat sand to between 130 and 160. Pour sand in tube with one end sealed. Bend tube around shape/mould (I'm making mine from plywood) allow sand to cool and acrylic to reharden before pouring sand out of tube. The sand is there to soften tube but also to stop it kinking. If you remove sand before tube rehardens it can kink.
I made the tubes 3m so arches can be 2.5m long (half a standard strip) and a little extra for bending purposes.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Ok so we have 66 tubes confirmed but I need a minimum of 100 before I will place the order. $20 per tube is the price of you pre order which covers cost but if you wait and want some after delivery they will be more expensive. So confirm your order ASAP

darylc

404 darylc not found
Christmas @ the Myrtle (Michael) said:
Ok so we have 66 tubes confirmed but I need a minimum of 100 before I will place the order. $20 per tube is the price of you pre order which covers cost but if you wait and want some after delivery they will be more expensive. So confirm your order ASAP

Isn't that against the rules of running a bulk buy in this section.

"The Bulk Buy manager may order reasonable levels of extra items at the time of the Bulk Buy, these units must be priced to match the Bulk Buy cost. The rules are for the benefit of the everyone."

Full rules at http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php?topic=202.0

Benslights

Dedicated elf
AS Daryl has stated and linked to that is the rules of running any bulk buy on this site.

bulk buys on this site are for the good of the group and is well detailed on the rules so that everyone is on the same page.

these rules have not changed in the last 5 years.

mborg10

Michael Borg
BensChristmasLights said:
AS Daryl has stated and linked to that is the rules of running any bulk buy on this site.

bulk buys on this site are for the good of the group and is well detailed on the rules so that everyone is on the same page.

these rules have not changed in the last 5 years.
Apologies,
This was only done to encourage people to place their order NOW and not ask me for tubes later. So far we have 72 tubes out of the 200 required for MOQ. I simply cannot afford to pay for 128 tubes and have interest charged to myself for the purchase. This is my first time shipping by sea freight and each day there is a new fee which I wasn't aware of. Just yesterday they added US$200 for a box to put the tubes in. $20 per tube was looking like not covering the cost with the drop in AUSD and the extra freight charges, but if I increased the price again, I would have had more people pull out.

With the low numbers and rules against pricing changes before and after. I will have to cancel this bulk buy. Apologies to all those wanting this product but the financial burden is too great on myself.

Best of luck to everyone for their 2015 displays

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
Bulk buys can be very difficult to organise. Exchange rate changes, extra shipping charges, etc can see the organiser out of pocket very quickly.

I'm sure everyone here thanks you for your effort whether or not a group buy proceeds. :)

mborg10

Michael Borg
David_AVD said:
Bulk buys can be very difficult to organise. Exchange rate changes, extra shipping charges, etc can see the organiser out of pocket very quickly.

I'm sure everyone here thanks you for your effort whether or not a group buy proceeds. :)
Thanks David. I appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.