HLS - New Sequencer if any are Interested

jhinkle

New elf
I developed a new sequencer which is called HLS.

I offer it's use for free to any of my friends down-under.

It has RGB capability - where the editor uses only one channel for an RGB string (three channels are broken out in the output stage). - hence you will get a three to one reduction in editing channels.

It supports preview, show scheduling, and dimming curves.

It performs a Vixen translation and a profiled RGB conversion.

It has DSP for additional audio sequencing input.

I currently support Renard and E131 output.

Any other protocol for output will be implemented if you are willing to help with the testing.

The program has been on the "do it yourself christmas" site since the beginning of the year.

If anyone is interested, let me know and I will post information and update status here for you.

Joe

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Joe,

Had this thread pointed out in Chat and was sort of surprised that nobody had said tell us more, so for the benefit of people looking at sequencer options that haven't already found you...

Tell us more please.

I've sort of keep a half eye on it and the way you have decided to use the nutcracker objects is a major step towards true object based type sequencing.

Cheers
Phil

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I've had a look at it a few months ago and it looked pretty decent and well worth a play. I downloaded a copy but haven't had a chance to play with it yet. The ability to do a frequency filter on the audio waveform is something that i am sure LOR and LSP will copy in time. i missed you in chat today by literally a few seconds.

Below is the clip that I saw initially i think.

HLS Christmas Lights Sequencer

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOwrz-P5Bf0

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I saw some demo video a couple of months ago and loved the way you could slide or resize an effect in the grid by simple mouse drags.

angus40

Senior elf
Thank you Joe !!

You are truly gifted .

Here is what Hls can do with Nutcracker effects .

If your just learning sequencing as i am , Joe has simplified the learning curve for Noobie users and veterans alike .

Give it a try .

enjoy https://vimeo.com/42385516

neilric99

Full time elf
I do like the ability to add a nutcracker effect and keep it all on one row. gets all that channel mess out of the way , you dont need to see it all anyway and it just increases processing time when its in the grid.

jhinkle

New elf
This thread set with no replies I thought no one was interested.

I just released a new version with extended PixelPlane capabilities.

A PixelPlane is a single channel in the sequence editor that represent multiple pixels.

Multiple PixelPlanes are supported.

The software is designed to handle 10,000 channels but the real limit will be your computer's performance and memory size.

Most are using PixelPlane to display effects generated with Nutcracker.

In the video below, I show how to create a 180 pixel PixelPlane (that's 540 channels of data).

You can:

1. Position the effect anywhere in your sequence.
2. Reposition it once it is in the editor.
3. Adjust its size.
4. Delete/remove it.
5. Add a FADE IN to the front of the effect.
6. Add a FADE OUT to the end of the effect.

If you folks are interested in my HLS sequencer, I will post some training videos I created.

The software and early operating manual can be obtained from the web site below.

The software is a .joe file. Create a folder (not on the DeskTop) and place the file in the folder. Change the name from .joe to .exe and the run it.

It is a self extracting zip file that contains the HLS program and two DLLS.

Under the FILE menu - there is a menu selection where you can check for updates.

http://joehinkle.com/HLS

The link below is for the PixelPlane Training video I mentioned earlier.

I hope you enjoy.

Joe

http://youtu.be/qsYFjmsZwAE

jhinkle

New elf
I have added another feature to PixelPlane effects - you can now slow them down.

You can run them at Full Speed, Half Speed, Third Speed, or Quarter Speed.

Joe

angus40

Senior elf
Well i have put hls through the meat grinder , drove over it , dragged it behind my truck smashed it with sledge hammers and ran it for hours on end .

I just can't break it !

Attachments

• unreal.jpg
    unreal.jpg
    411.5 KB · Views: 103

ԆцряєсϮ

Senior elf
Just had a quick play then or tried too :-\
Is this Win7 64 bit compatable?
I get errors that it didnt install properly.
It runs but I cant create any channels??
Manage Channels >> Manage Raw Channels brings up a save as dialog box and then nothing happens
Am I doing something wrong?

Cheers

Rod

jhinkle

New elf
Have you ever thought to yourself you were lost only to find you had your head where it doesn't shine ???

I made a change today or yesterday to organize my folders and I created a huge bug where I won't let you do anything as you have found.

I just released Version 3P that addresses that.

Tried to make it better only to get stinky brown stuff all over my hair.

Try it again - I think you will like it.

Joe

mpurser

m purser
joe i am runing a windows 7 64 bit machine i d/l ed and installed your hls and can not get it to accept any wav files.i have converted about 6 from differant sources and none of them will work i ve even tryed your music box dancer NO JOY thanks

jhinkle

New elf
Please explain more.

The Music Box Dancer should work.

Some m3p to wave converters put codec info in the wav file and I can't deal with that.

When you say it does'nt work - can you post the loading info I provide in the wav dialog so I can see what may be going on with your computer.

Thanks.

Joe

jhinkle

New elf
HLS is designed with the following limits.

Max Channel count 30,000

Max Universes - 75

Max PixelPlanes - none - just bounded by Universe and Channel count.

A sequence 30,000 channels will play in a show all day long on a standard PC with 4 gig of memory.

You can play a show with 20 or more sequences - each sequence containing 30,000 channels - all day long - on 4 gig of ram.

The video below demonstrates how you can use the HLS primitive effects to place effects in the PixelPlane.

Enjoy.

Joe Hinkle

View: http://youtu.be/HUuvod4MdPw