HLS - New Sequencer if any are Interested

Dennis Cherry

New elf
HLS will import Vixen initially.

As of Version 7R (still has a few bugs) LOR can be imported.

Working on RGB import and total time not being correct.

ChristmasLover

New elf
This maybe a noob question, but does this "sequencer" also output the data to my lights as well? Is there another program that I take the HLS data from and plug it into?

ChristmasLover

New elf
BrianJ said:
HLS has it's own scheduler, nothing else is needed for software.

Perfect thanks. Does HLS support most hardware, IE. j1sys products etc.?

Is there a guide lurking around that can answer some of the technical questions about HLS like product support etc.?

BrianJ

Full time elf
HLS works great with all hardware, including J1sys products. If you have some obscure hardware let Joe know and he will likely make that work to. :) There is no guide that I know of for HLS but there is a very active forum at DIYC for Hinkle Lighting Sequencer. You will find videos, that will help you get started as well as tons of info there.

DIYC - HLS Subforum

ChristmasLover

New elf
Ty Brian.

One last ? lol. Are there any programs from which i can test a sequence and visually see the results. Like put in parameters for a tree, number pixels etc...then input a sequence and watch the tree "light up"?

BrianJ

Full time elf
There is an E1.31 test utility built by a member here, David_avd. You can find it here.
HLS also has a test utility allowing you to "light up" as well

ChristmasLover

New elf
BrianJ said:
There is an E1.31 test utility built by a member here, David_avd. You can find it here.
HLS also has a test utility allowing you to "light up" as well

What i mean is, will it show me a graphical display on my computer as to what the sequence will lok like? ie not hookin it up to actual lights

BrianJ

Full time elf
yes there is a preview where you can input a pic of your house and "draw" the lights in, this will then show you what the sequence will look like

ChristmasLover

New elf
Ok, so i was able import my house drawing, but i cant see to figure out how to add"lights" to my diagram. I know it has sonething to do with vectors? but whrn i click manage sigle vector nothing happens.

Is there a how to guide or video out tgat explains the preview functions?

Thanks for all the help!

ChristmasLover

New elf
BrianJ said:
There is a very active HLS sub-forum over at DIYC. You will find training videos and tons of info there

HLS Video Links

I searched that forum and thevideos but nobody reallytks about the preview function. Hmm guess i just jeep searching.

CDN_Diesel

New elf
just noticed this post on the preview. I am going to do a quick how to video on how to get your preview working. I will post a link here shortly for you.

Merry Christmas everyone, and here is to a great New Year.

Cheers,
Brian