p12s now able to do 24 universes!!!

dougd

Full time elf
Not sure if I didn't flash 3.4b correctly. I had some problems outputting to lights. I flashed 3.4 and was able to get the 200 I was looking for. Thanks for the info.

dougd

Full time elf
BensChristmasLights said:
did you guys flash the asic chips also?

I thought I did. I have 1 more to update. I will try 3.4b with that one and see if I get the same results.

One thing I thought was strange. There is only "master" firmware for 3.4. There is only "asic" hex that is labeled 3.4b

chicken

Apprentice elf
DougD did you ever get 3.4b working? I am still having the same issue with it. Also does anyone know if there is any newer firmware than 3.4b and what's the max 2811 pixels people have been able to get running per port on a p12s. Been knocked down with pneumonia for the last two months so I am just now getting around to the display this year. :(

B_P_J

Full time elf
Hey Chicken, I went through the whole 3.4b process and it didn't work, so I went back down to 3.4, this works perfect for me, I am running multiple Universes with it, pretty sure my highest is P01: Universe 1 = 136 Pixel & Universe 13 = 130 Pixels, so I total of 266 Pixels from Port 1 on my P12, I know I also have another one with 200 Pixels, my while setup is done with just my P12s.

chicken

Apprentice elf
Did anyone ever get 3.4b working? I have the LP032 asic on mine. I thought it was me last year but redoing it again this year on another board it is doing the same thing. Thanks

bretheron

Been bitten by the bug.
I have 4 P12's and managed to get them all updated to 2 x full universes and I did test the full setup when I did it. So I had the full 340 pixels running. At the moment I am running 300 per output for my mega tree and it is running fine.
It was at the start of the year when I updated so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but I followed the instructions and it worked on all of them. I did have dramas at the start purely with not doing things correctly and in the correct order also for finding what chip I had and using the correct files.

Baf05

Full time elf
Does anybody have the upgrade files? All the links I am trying seem to be broken, could be operator error ;)

Baf05

Full time elf
thanks David, it was operator error, but now fixed, I could not work out how to save the files, but did with your new link :)

Baf05

Full time elf
I sort of expected the web browser for the board to tell me there was now 24 universes?

Def something wrong? I have only 12 universes and I can't seem to change that. I tried changing the number of pixels to more than 170 but that didn't work.

Anyone have any experience with this

Last edited: