SMS Messaging Application - Send SMS's to your Display

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I thought i'd just share my biggest issue i've had to deal with. I've deleted the word "ass" from the blacklist as everytime someone sent a message like "merry christmas sally" the program would remove all the spaces from the text and find the word ASS merrychristmASSally

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
How often would you get merry Christmas Sally. The reason it removes the spaces is so if some sent a s s it will be removed. I'm glad that's your only bigger issue.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I thought i'd just share my biggest issue i've had to deal with. I've deleted the word "ass" from the blacklist as everytime someone sent a message like "merry christmas sally" the program would remove all the spaces from the text and find the word ASS merrychristmASSally

What I could do is if it minds a bad word in the blacklist then check the white list for the words they typed and if it's in the white list then it's ok to display. That would solve your issue as you could keep ass in the blacklist.

Will add this to the app.

Superman

Global moderator
How often would you get merry Christmas Sally. The reason it removes the spaces is so if some sent a s s it will be removed. I'm glad that's your only bigger issue.

It's wasnt just Sally it was any name that started with "S" and had merry Christmas before it. So it happened quiet a bit here. it left some mummies scratching their heads when they got a return text asking them to refrain from bad language.They all thought in this day and age Christmas must have been a bad word.:)

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
It's wasnt just Sally it was any name that started with "S" and had merry Christmas before it. So it happened quiet a bit here. it left some mummies scratching their heads when they got a return text asking them to refrain from bad language.They all thought in this day and age Christmas must have been a bad word.:)

I thought about that after I posted. I must not have anyone that visits my lights that start with an S. this is a good pick up though. I guess stuck with the work around and delete ass and hope no one uses it.

I will see if I can make the changes I discussed above as this will solve any other issues like this.

Cheers

Superman

Global moderator
I thought about that after I posted. I must not have anyone that visits my lights that start with an S. this is a good pick up though. I guess stuck with the work around and delete ass and hope no one uses it.

I will see if I can make the changes I discussed above as this will solve any other issues like this.

Cheers

HeHeHeHe. We said Ass.....

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I just noticed that the new message log is only storing the first message from each new mobile number.

What exactly were you after did you want all messages or just the one from each number.

Superman

Global moderator
I'd like to review all of them at the end of the night

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
For those that are using the latest version 3.4 of my software I have updated it to include it's own basic scheduler, when enabled on the main page it will turn the messaging app On and Off based off the scheduler. Go to Settings Scheduler and change the times for each day of the week.

To save you uninstalling and installing the app, just copy the two files linked below and over write them in your Program Files/Vixen Messaging folder on C drive. Just make a back up of the original files first, just in case. Once you copy these two files, run the app and you will see the scheduler enabled on the main page and scheduler in settings.

Also the app will create another log file message.log now contains just the audiences mobile number, message received and date/time of message.

Vixen_Messaging.exe
Resources.dll

I have updated the message.log file so all multiple messages from a single mobile will also be saved.

I have also added a Bulk SMS message (under Settings menu) this will allow you to send a message to all mobile numbers saved in the message.log can be used to later request the audience to vote for your lights or you can send updates to show times or facebook etc. (for you Superman Steve)

Same as before just copy these and over-write the ones in you program folder. These are the 64bit version.

Vixen_Messaging.exe
Resources.dll

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Fu.. I hate permissions, tried a couple of times to copy and while it seemed to change the program it kept coming up with an unhandled exception each time it check twilio, so that's no good, so back to what works for now and I will play with it in the new year when I have time.

Richie

Are you using the 64 or 32 bit version. The replace files are only for 64bit. I can supply 32bit if required, if that what the issue is. See above for other updates.

Superman

Global moderator
I have updated the message.log file so all multiple messages from a single mobile will also be saved.

I have also added a Bulk SMS message (under Settings menu) this will allow you to send a message to all mobile numbers saved in the message.log can be used to later request the audience to vote for your lights or you can send updates to show times or facebook etc. (for you Superman Steve)

Same as before just copy these and over-write the ones in you program folder. These are the 64bit version.

Vixen_Messaging.exe
Resources.dll

All Working Here. Thanks Geoff

Superman

Global moderator
I come across a bug that hopefully is a easy fix. My matrix is only a single 5 x 1. if someone types a couple of words then hits return on their phone and types another couple of words it splits the matrix into a 2 row display.The message in the attached video reads.
Merry Christmas Geoff
and a happy new year

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
I come across a bug that hopefully is a easy fix. My matrix is only a single 5 x 1. if someone types a couple of words then hits return on their phone and types another couple of words it splits the matrix into a 2 row display.The message in the attached video reads.
Merry Christmas Geoff
and a happy new year

It's not really a bug as it would work on a bigger matrix, say you had a 5x5 then it would display correctly. What I could do is have yet another checkbox setting that when enabled will remove any carriage returns so it would convert to just a single line of text.

You may also notice it doesn't work with emojis. It just designed for text as it uses the Vixen Text effect.