Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini 2023 - 17th & 18th June

Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 17, 2023 Sunday, Jun 18, 2023
Registration deadline
Monday, Jun 12, 2023
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
Skymaster Skymaster 2 Spoiler content hidden.
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Ben F Ben F 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
Slam Slam 1
L Littledear 1
Rossjb Rossjb 1
David Hayes David Hayes 1
Pavle Pavle 1
Daniel1973 Daniel1973 1
NickT NickT 1
D Deyne 2
H hoys87 2
Bernie_H Bernie_H 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1
Domestos Domestos 2 Spoiler content hidden.
Fing Fing 1
I i13 1
B B4IGO 1
S SleighRider 1
cscool36 cscool36 1 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1
cdjazman cdjazman 1
Jaali Jaali 1
B burto51 1 Spoiler content hidden.
thewanderingpine thewanderingpine 1
Phillhutcho Phillhutcho 1
Binny Binny 1
r_sol r_sol 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Zuseleets Zuseleets 1 Spoiler content hidden.
C charltonmick 2 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kent 1
S smurfy241 1 Spoiler content hidden.
John B John B 1
jjay jjay 1
Benslights Benslights 2 Spoiler content hidden.
OzAz OzAz 1
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
B_P_J B_P_J 1 Spoiler content hidden.
M Mike156 1
T Troy Elcock 1
andres_nino andres_nino 1 Spoiler content hidden.
greg58 greg58 1 Spoiler content hidden.

cdjazman

Full time elf
Just FYI Rydges Norwest looks like best value for accommodation for anyone traveling....$330 for 2 nights (if you sign up to Rydges free membership)

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I found the same.. seemed much cheaper than other options - although I believe people who stayed there a couple of years ago didn't have a great time.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi all,

After a great session last night getting through the topics, finding presenters and finalising the programme for the mini, I have updated the first post with the relevant details.

For anyone coming to the dinner on Saturday night - we are organising a table at the Ettamogah Hotel - we will need numbers by next Friday 19th May so that an appropriate booking can be made. Please let myself or Keith know via a message or on this thread so we can note you down and ensure there is a seat booked.

Cheers
Mike

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I've booked the Rydges Norwest under the membership rate.
Same

Code:
"although I believe people who stayed there a couple of years ago didn't have a great time."

I was one of those commenters back then. The place was just a bit average & tired; really a Typical Tightass hotel chain doing bare minimal matinaince and restricting A/C heating performance. That said; they were completely cooperative about covid cancellations back in 2020.

Alternative Bella Vista quest is newer - but checking now is more expensive. You'll need money saved for the ACL Bar sessions.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Not yet - still waiting on venue catering costs.

As soon as we have the price I'll update here. Paypal family & friends transfer will be the easiest, worked well last year.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi all,

Some major mini updates for everyone:
  • The cost of attending the mini will be AUD $35 per head which must be paid by Monday June 12. This money covers the cost of food and drinks during the days of the mini and is not refundable once paid. Please contact me directly on ACL for the payment information.
  • As you can see, we are almost at capacity. If you know anyone thinking of attending who has not registered ... now is the time to do so.
  • If you are not in the Facebook Messenger chat group for the mini and would like to be reach out to myself and I will add you in. We are all easily findable via the ACL Facebook group.
  • We have so far got 31 people for dinner on Saturday night @ 7:00pm at the Ettamogah. We are outside again so bring your winter woollies. Attendees will pay for their own food and drink on the night. Keith has booked for 32 so if you did not tell us you wanted to attend then let me know ASAP to get one of the last place.
  • As per the conversation above, for those coming in from out of town it appears that most people are planning on staying at the Rydges Norwest (https://www.rydges.com/accommodation/sydney-nsw/norwest-sydney/). This is a short cab ride from the venue or you may be able to grab a lift with another attendee.
  • For those who need to set stuff up at the venue we have access on Friday night from about 5pm. Please contact Michael/Troy/Keith if you plan on attending.
  • On the day the venue will be open from 7am both days. Use the underground visitors car park entrance on the roundabout in front of the Woolworths building on Woolworths Way. Sessions start at 9am promptly so please dont be late ... particularly on day 1 as we also do the mini photo that morning.
  • The agenda is in the first post if you've missed it.
  • If people want to go to Vivid while attending the mini then Friday is likely your night as it finishes on the Saturday. We will leave it to attendees to organise that if they wish via the messenger group.

Cheers,
Mike / Keith / Troy

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hey all,

Looking to be a great event with 50 attendees so far. I've bumped up the max limit to 55 as we are able to move a few things around to fit everyone in.

Woohoo. No topics in my fields of expertise so I won't really need to head north. ;)
If the numbers do get over 50 or if Emma brings her bub I'm almost a surety.
And now we've hit the 50, does this mean that you will be coming up Alan? :)

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hey all,

Looking to be a great event with 50 attendees so far. I've bumped up the max limit to 55 as we are able to move a few things around to fit everyone in.

And now we've hit the 50, does this mean that you will be coming up Alan? :)
After the zoom session for the Melb mini last night I actually did have thoughts.

AAH

Ssssshhhhhhhh. Don't tell anyone but I just got in a big box of Raspberry Pi3B+ and so far 1 person has selected free shipping up to the mini.

David Hayes

Hawkeye
Hi all,

Some major mini updates for everyone:
  • The cost of attending the mini will be AUD $35 per head which must be paid by Monday June 12. This money covers the cost of food and drinks during the days of the mini and is not refundable once paid. Please contact me directly on ACL for the payment information.
  • As you can see, we are almost at capacity. If you know anyone thinking of attending who has not registered ... now is the time to do so.
  • If you are not in the Facebook Messenger chat group for the mini and would like to be reach out to myself and I will add you in. We are all easily findable via the ACL Facebook group.
  • We have so far got 31 people for dinner on Saturday night @ 7:00pm at the Ettamogah. We are outside again so bring your winter woollies. Attendees will pay for their own food and drink on the night. Keith has booked for 32 so if you did not tell us you wanted to attend then let me know ASAP to get one of the last place.
  • As per the conversation above, for those coming in from out of town it appears that most people are planning on staying at the Rydges Norwest (https://www.rydges.com/accommodation/sydney-nsw/norwest-sydney/). This is a short cab ride from the venue or you may be able to grab a lift with another attendee.
  • For those who need to set stuff up at the venue we have access on Friday night from about 5pm. Please contact Michael/Troy/Keith if you plan on attending.
  • On the day the venue will be open from 7am both days. Use the underground visitors car park entrance on the roundabout in front of the Woolworths building on Woolworths Way. Sessions start at 9am promptly so please dont be late ... particularly on day 1 as we also do the mini photo that morning.
  • The agenda is in the first post if you've missed it.
  • If people want to go to Vivid while attending the mini then Friday is likely your night as it finishes on the Saturday. We will leave it to attendees to organise that if they wish via the messenger group.

Cheers,
Mike / Keith / Troy
@keithsw1111 @Troy ELD I will have some items to setup Friday should be at the venue by 6 pm.

AAH

Tomorrow, 14-June-2023, is the last day to get stuff shipped to the Sydney mini free for pickup at the mini. The cutoff will be about 3pm AEST in order to get things packed and into the mail.
Raspberry Pi 3b+ is back in stock as well as nearly everything else in my product line.
www.hansonelectronics.com.au