Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini Expo 2013/Vivid festival - 1st/2nd June - Confirm your Interest

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Howdy all,

I can gladly now confirm the following,

1: Coming to the Sunday mini (Kids may be accomodated please ask if needed)
At this stage I'll be there all day Sunday (no kids or significant other will be joining me)
2: Having the Sunday mini fresh seafood Lunch (kids welcome)
I'll be there for lunch, but am not a seafood fan. If other alternatives are available I'll gladly have that (no kids or significant other will be joining me)
3: Coming to the Vivid dinner on Saturday night (kids welcome)
Vivid me up, I'm in. A few drinks and a night out in the city is my kind of thing! (no kids or significant other will be joining me)
4: Just coming to Vivid on Saturday Night, no dinner (kids welcome)
I'll be there for it all :) (no kids or significant other will be joining me)
5: Would like to help to Organise
Nothing in my experience worth brining at this point, unless someone can suggest anything???
6: What would you like to see discussed/or shown at the mini?
Nothing in particular, I'll gladly take in what is offered

Looking forward to it :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
YAGOONA LIGHTS said:
so any more news on the Sydney mini as it is only a few weeks away now.
what do people want to learn and see.

I was thinking of a buy swap and sell table if people are interested.

Due to the open way we are running this years mini then there are no firm agenda for the afternoon as this time will be open free time to discuss anything blinky and to show off a few different things as i believe this will be far more benificial for everyone on the day. In the morning we plan to have a few things as listed below
  • LSP class (Fasteddy)
  • Voltage drop and power injection (Lithgowlights)
  • Weatherproofing techniques (Lithgowlights)
And there is room for a few more things that can be discussed by anyone that wants to add or I may have missed.

scootinmad

New elf
Hi.
I am hoping it is not too late to come to the Vivid and functions you have planned. If it is not too late could you message me back.
Scootinmad.

talk2coxie

Full time elf
Superb idea about power injection, I will need to do that this year and am interested in how to do it and different ways to do so properly.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
scootinmad said:
Hi.
I am hoping it is not too late to come to the Vivid and functions you have planned. If it is not too late could you message me back.
Scootinmad.

Definetly not too late, ill add you to the list

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I see this year for vivid they will have the harbour bridge lit up in blue, looked nice from what i saw in the news.

Im currently on holidays so ill firm up things like a meeting place and confirm numbers for dinner and make a booking when i get back at the end of the week

harrisonk

Dedicated elf
Can anyone recommend any decent places to stay in the area. I'm thinking I might jump down for the weekend. Just seeing how much coin it's gonna cost me.

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Harrison best thing is to google Sydney as I live in Sydney but would not know the cheapest and best place to stay

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I would take what you can get, there's not going to be much left with vivid on

bbayjohn

Senior elf
wow 20 people attending would be great

Harrison Kohn said:
Can anyone recommend any decent places to stay in the area. I'm thinking I might jump down for the weekend. Just seeing how much coin it's gonna cost me.

Rydges is nice at Parramatta. Its 15min drive along victoria rd and you would be at the fish markets.
or you could find something with
http://www.booking.com/searchresults.html?src=district&nflt=&district=1925&error_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.booking.com%2Fdistrict%2Fau%2Fsydney%2Fparramatta.en-gb.html%3Faid%3D306395%3Blabel%3Dsydney%252Fparramatta-YBf6HXnHaeOR2jyhqCmfGQS20083053629%253Apl%253Ata%253Ap1%253Ap2%253Aac%253Aap1t2%253Aneg%3Bsid%3Da888c716e3f6ccfc16d27ffb0377fc4c%3Bdcid%3D1%3Binac%3D0%3B&aid=306395&dcid=1&label=sydney%2Fparramatta-YBf6HXnHaeOR2jyhqCmfGQS20083053629%3Apl%3Ata%3Ap1%3Ap2%3Aac%3Aap1t2%3Aneg&lang=en-gb&sid=a888c716e3f6ccfc16d27ffb0377fc4c&checkin_monthday=1&checkin_year_month=2013-6&checkout_monthday=2&checkout_year_month=2013-6&interval_of_time=weekend&flex_checkin_year_month=2013-05&org_nr_rooms=1&org_nr_adults=2&org_nr_children=0&group_adults=2&group_children=0

or

.adlts=1&hotel.type=keyword&hotel.chkin=01/06/13&hotel.chkout=02/06/13&search=Search&curr=AUD&locale=en_AU&tld=www.ratestogo.com&lpid=plhot&hsv.page=1&hsv.sortOrder=BUNDLE_SELL_PRICE]http://www.ratestogo.com/shop/hotelsearch?type=hotel&hotel.keyword.key=Sydney%2CAustralia&hotel.rooms[0].adlts=1&hotel.type=keyword&hotel.chkin=01/06/13&hotel.chkout=02/06/13&search=Search&curr=AUD&locale=en_AU&tld=www.ratestogo.com&lpid=plhot&hsv.page=1&hsv.sortOrder=BUNDLE_SELL_PRICE

Benslights

Dedicated elf
Hi Everyone

shire was in chat tonight and everything is a go. the same as last year shire will email/pm a parking pass for the sunday. if you need a dock pass to bring in your items for show and tell please let shire know as this is a special pass that he will have to provide for you. (if item is to big to carry from the parking area nextdoor)

the day will cost $15 to cover a seafood lunch, morning tea and afternoon tea and drinks. those of you not having seafood will be ok as another lunch option will be provided.

also shire has asked for some helping hands for the food side of things.

so if we could have some people offer to help with serving and clean up that would be great

will not take much if we all chip in.

2 people for morning tea

2 people for lunch

2 people for afternoon tea.

thanks in advance to those that help. it will allow shire to get involved in the mini aswell. not just serving us all for the day.

Christmas in the Shire

Apprentice elf
Cheers Yagoona. Ditto his comments....
I have PM'ed all those who are listed on the front page as being confirmed, a link to download a parking pass. Please print and bring along on the day and display it on your dashboard. Please let me know if you did not receive a pass link or require a pass as a late starter for the mini. All welcome!
Loading dock access is available for those who have bulky items. You will need to access the main Sydney Fish Market Car Park. Upon exit they will want to see a pass or you will be charged to get out again. Let me know before the day if you need a pass. I will send you on prior.
Catering will be for a hot seafood lunch (fish, chips, salad) morning tea and afternoon tea. Coffee, Tea, Soft drink all day.......$15.00 payable on the day. I will have alternatives for those who do not want freshly cooked fish....mmmmmmmmmm your loss! Last year I got a few BBQ chickens. Will this be OK?
HELPING HANDS!!!!! Please!!!!! It would be great if as Yagoona suggested a few helpers volunteered to run the catering. I really did not get a mini last year as I was running around all day serving and organising. If anyone knows someone who would like to come along for the day to help out...would be great! Otherwise we will have to have a lucky draw and assign jobs throughout the day. I will still coordinate and be involved, I just need help to make the day enjoyable for everyone.
Any questions. PM me or post here. I will make a point of being around a little more now the mini is only 2 weeks away. Sorry if my absence has caused a stir. Life is way too busy at the moment! Apologies.
Shire

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Hi Craig,
Put me down for helping out in the kitchen. Maybe afternoon tea or something.

I have 12 x ws2811 attached to plastic lattice that can be rolled up and brought along if there is enough interest to show them off. I run lor with superstar. If people would like a little demo in what it can do let me know and I will bring it along. Also have some neon flex candy canes I could bring a couple of those along to show if interested?

Looking forward to this event & thank you to all involved for making it happen.
Cheers
John