Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini Expo 2013/Vivid festival - 1st/2nd June - Confirm your Interest

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
Raffle prizes: 2 unused "Masters" boxes.

If you want I have 2 very short presentations done on powerpoint:

1. Waterproofing 101 - waterproofing controllers, boxes, power supplies and lights - 10-15 minutes max
2. Voltage & current measurement with practical demo - 10-15 minutes max
two very useful subjects that we all can learn from and share ideas.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

The presentations take like 5 mins of PC, 5 mins of demo and then the idea was some talk time. I detest hour long presentations for 1 day mini's, as I'd prefer to give people the real basics, have a quick demo and then a talk and people can ask questions in the general chat time, people can show how they mount controllers, how they monitor current, how they waterproof to those who are interested.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
lithgowlights said:
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:

The presentations take like 5 mins of PC, 5 mins of demo and then the idea was some talk time. I detest hour long presentations for 1 day mini's, as I'd prefer to give people the real basics, have a quick demo and then a talk and people can ask questions in the general chat time, people can show how they mount controllers, how they monitor current, how they waterproof to those who are interested.

I agree, i like to have more open discussion than tedious hour long presntations. I think we have learnt from the past minis that this will be the best approach for all. I will be doing something on LSP but i may use the other room for that as not everyone wants to see that.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Is there a cut off time to say yay or nay to coming to the Sydney mini?
I am thinking about going to Sydney for a work conference and could also squeeze in the mini as I think it would greatly improve my knowledge (or current lack there of) about pixels and the mind boggling LSP (looks like LSP can do some magical things... if only I can get my head around it :eek: ).

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
logandc99 said:
Is there a cut off time to say yay or nay to coming to the Sydney mini?
I am thinking about going to Sydney for a work conference and could also squeeze in the mini as I think it would greatly improve my knowledge (or current lack there of) about pixels and the mind boggling LSP (looks like LSP can do some magical things... if only I can get my head around it :eek: ).

There is no cut off time, it just makes it easier for us to know numbers for planning purposes, So a few last minute extras wont cause us any issues.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Cool, I will let you guys know if I'm coming as soon as I can sort out my life :eek:

hi
i would like to attend sunday mini and lunch.
new to this. have some lor gear and software. my wife cindy and i did a display last year with lor controlers after some years off. unfortunately cindy passed away on boxing and i will be dedicating our display to her this year.
any tips and help would be great. would really like to learn about how build things and alternative sources for mordern lights and controllers.
thanks
sean

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Lights for Cindy said:
hi
i would like to attend sunday mini and lunch.
new to this. have some lor gear and software. my wife cindy and i did a display last year with lor controlers after some years off. unfortunately cindy passed away on boxing and i will be dedicating our display to her this year.
any tips and help would be great. would really like to learn about how build things and alternative sources for mordern lights and controllers.
thanks
sean

Sorry to hear about your wife Sean, and we'd love to see you at the mini and there will be heaps of info on different things you can do for your display this year and in the future.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Ok looks like I'm going to be able to make it across the ditch for the mini.
I'm keen to attend it all. The family are staying behind so it'll be just me ( i.e. 1).
Would like to attend the Saturday night dinner, the vivid expo, the Sunday mini and the Sunday lunch.

Keen to hear and see stuff on LSP and getting tips on cutting and soldering strip light etc.
Also info about hooking up the J1sys controllers etc (but from the previous posts this all looks to be on the program already so all good! )

Looking forward to it.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
logandc99 said:
Ok looks like I'm going to be able to make it across the ditch for the mini.
I'm keen to attend it all. The family are staying behind so it'll be just me ( i.e. 1).
Would like to attend the Saturday night dinner, the vivid expo, the Sunday mini and the Sunday lunch.

Keen to hear and see stuff on LSP and getting tips on cutting and soldering strip light etc.
Also info about hooking up the J1sys controllers etc (but from the previous posts this all looks to be on the program already so all good! )

Looking forward to it.

Excellent new, i look forward to meeting you, now we are trying to convince Shell from kiwi land to also come to the Sydney Mini :D

logandc99

Dedicated elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Excellent new, i look forward to meeting you, now we are trying to convince Shell from kiwi land to also come to the Sydney Mini :D

Come on Shell, don't leave me at the mercy of all these Aussies :)

logandc99

Dedicated elf
For the purposes of booking flights etc, do you have a rough idea of what time the dinner usually starts on Sat night and what time the mini starts and finishes Sunday.
Just trying to decide whether or not to fly home Sun evening or Monday morning.