2014 Mini (Melbourne)
|Melbourne Mini 2014|
|CONFIRMED:||May 17-18, 2014|
|Sydney Mini 2014|
|CONFIRMED:||May 31-June 1, 2014|
|Brisbane Mini 2014|
|CONFIRMED:||June 14-15, 2014|
|Adelaide Mini 2014|
|CONFIRMED:||May 24-25, 2014|
|Perth Mini 2014|
|No plans for a mini...yet|
|Canberra Mini 2014|
|No plans for a mini...yet|
|New Zealand Mini 2014|
|No plans for a mini...yet|
Australian Melbourne Mini
Here lies the details for the 2014 Australian Melbourne Mini.
Dates and Times
1K Marine Parade, Abbotsford, 3167, Australia~1K Marine Parade, Abbotsford, 3167
| width=320 | height=240}}
When: Sat 17 and Sun 18 May 2014
Costs: To be determined
Where: CNC Design, 1K Marine Parade, Abbotsford, 3167
Forum discussion: http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,5327.0.html
Streaming: (tune in from around 9:30 am AEST)
- Day 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXAMFjn3aMw
- Day 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlimtduILnw
This year we will have the mini again at CNC Design in Abbotsford. We want to cater for members of all ages and experiences so no matter if you are a newbie or a veteran please come along and enjoy two days of information and discussion sessions on what is new in Christmas Lighting. More importantly get to know other ACL members a passion for this hobby.
We will have this in May so you have lots of time think about and organise new lighting goodies for this Christmas. The Melbourne Mini is one of the feature events for the ACL year.
PRIZES WILL INCLUDE GOODIES FROM STELLASCAPES AND OTHERS YET TO BE CONFIRMED!
NOTE Door prize will include:
- A Shiny new Stellascapes TS-16, complete with 16 sets of 85 node strings. ( these are the 16 bit ones! ), and a set of splitter cables to go. ( Value $AUD2995) OR a set of 4 Stellacapes Sun-12 high power RGBW Light fixtures, with a E1.31 controller / power supply. ( value $1995 ) - To be decided.
- An Advatek Pixlite pixel controller.
- A Hanson Electronics DC controller (TBA when available)
- Goodies and/or a special offer from Minleon LSP
- Lights from Paul Zang ( http://www.aliexpress.com/store/221277 )
Other prizes will be added as they come to hand.
Facilities include - Meeting room for 35 people with Projector and Internet access, Warehouse area to set up displays, Electrical assembly area for making displays and plenty of car parking. All just 3km from the Melbourne CBD.
How to get there - Car, Train (Closest station is Collingwood which is 5 min walk) or tram to Victoria Street Richmond (also 5 min walk)
If you plan to come, please add you name to this list or make a comment on the forum link above.
- Qiang Fu Kiwi
Others - Please let me know if you think you will come as we have to arrange the catering.
To be determined but possibly as follows.
- Explore a show (or two). breakdown of lights/boards required for results
- Planning a show - starting from nothing/converting from static to pc controlled
- Introduction to electronics and how it applies to lights. Watts, volts, current and heat -----Ruprect (possibly)
- Comparison/explanation of the different networks used for controlling lights. E1.31, dmx, pixel, lor
- Hooking things up - a sample of boards and where they fit in the grand scheme of Christmas lights
- Introduction to DMX - start address, wiring
- Introduction to E1.31, Pixels and E1.31 to pixel boards
- Sequencing: LOR
- Sequencing: LSP (with nutcracker)-----Beacy
- Sequencing: Vixen 3 ---- battle79
- Hands on sequencing of lsp, lor, vixen. Also P2, P12, DR4 etc setup
- Display marketing - how do you draw in more visitors? (general discussion). maybe including signage, radio tx and licence
- Discussion about Chinese suppliers/ebay suppliers/big W etc. Covering what to specify for custom orders
- Using a Pi for running your show using the FPP
- Basic and in depth discussions on using E1.31 and E1.31 with multicast for your show ------- Qiang Fu Kiwi
- Possible session showing off new boards etc from the vendors Stellascapes, Advatek and Hanson Electronics. These may include pixels, pixel controllers and dmx dimmer boards.
If there is something you specifically want covered, or want to present on, please discus in the thread. If you have a laptop and want to flash some lights while you're there then bring it along.
What's happening - Saturday
The schedule will be updated or revised close to the event once confirmed numbers are calculated, however, here it is as it stands currently
|SATURDAY - 22nd June|
|0830||Doors Open / Breakfast||Time for setup or grab a coffee|
|All||0900||Meet & Greet||Welcome and Intro's, meet everyone.|
|AAH||0930||Network and light types||Discussion on dumb and smart lights, LOR, dmx and E1.31 networks|
|All||1000||Morning tea||Tea/coffee/Coke Zero etc|
|AAH||1100||Types of Lights - LED Strings, RGB strings and strips, Modules, Pixels|
|L_Tay||1300||Setting up and sequencing with LOR|
|Beacy||1330||Setting up and sequencing with LSP|
|Battle79||1400||Setting up and sequencing with Vixen 3|
|AAH||1530||Installation & Hooking Things Up - Power & fusing, cable sizes, etc||Including a quick demo of testing with da_dmx and da_e131|
|All||1600||Connect up and play||Just a short session for anyone to connect up lights and turn them on|
|All||1630 - 1700||Wrap up|
What's happening - Sunday
|0900||Doors Open||Grab a tea/coffee/coke zero|
|Sean Meighan (USA - via teamviewer)||0930||xlights/nutcracker and raspberry pi|
|1015||Buying Lights , controllers and interfaces- Suppliers and specification|
|Beacy||1130||Managing all that Data- Tips for large shows|
|Andrew Fraser||1300||E1.31 including multicast on a DIY network|
|AAH, Andrew Fraser, L_Tay, Devo||1330||Discussion of Different Controllers|
|1400||Discussion||Group based discussion. Got a question about anything at all Xmas light related then ask away.|
|All||1515-End of play||Connect up and play with controllers pixels and sequencers|