Jaali Jaali 1
abundy abundy 1
Skymaster Skymaster 1
AAH AAH 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Katekate Katekate 1
Snicko Snicko 1
N nagyOUT 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Jase Jase 2
Pyropeter Pyropeter 2 Spoiler content hidden.
burnt burnt 1
M mccar 1
cdjazman cdjazman 1
E ewanh 1 Spoiler content hidden.
shanepeiris shanepeiris 1 Spoiler content hidden.
J Jasonhawkins 2 Spoiler content hidden.
R rustyboy 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Eizziljam Eizziljam 2 Spoiler content hidden.
andrewa andrewa 1
T Tammie Squires 2 Spoiler content hidden.
BluePat BluePat 1
darylc darylc 1
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
K Kent 1 Spoiler content hidden.
H hwick 2 Spoiler content hidden.
M muzzag50 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S Spud Fratantaro 2 Spoiler content hidden.
C christophe 1
chee5eburger chee5eburger 1
S ShaneM 1
S simony 2 Spoiler content hidden.
SarahD SarahD 1
S Soggy Sanga 1
E epasxm 2 Spoiler content hidden.
10maddy01 10maddy01 1 Spoiler content hidden.
T Tristan 1 Spoiler content hidden.

Snicko

Full time elf
To Those that attended the Melbourne Mini

Just some info for the sponsors / sellers that were there or supported us

Hanson Electronics - Alan - Supplier of Controllers, housings, connectors, power supplies, pixels. Bendigo based - (AAH on ACL)

Pixel Controllers - Falcon Controller boards, F Tester & F Prop as presented by Keith (Keithsw1111) - https://aus.pixelcontroller.com/store/

Lasabelle - Damien - Cranbourne Based - Laser cutter of Coro Props, P5 Matrix Brackets, gifts

????- Simon - "McCar" - 3D printed Xmas Props

Generous Suppliers That Donated prizes and support our industry

Light it up leds
- One stop shop for pixels, power supplies, mounts, tools consumables, P5 panels. Perth Based

Extreme Lighting Displays - Troy - Coro Props Supplier

Christmas Props Australia -

Ink Creations - Supplier of coro props and YPS pixels

Ray Wu
Pixels, Power Supplies, Connectors, Panels - Based in China

Mattos Designs

US based supplier of pixels, props, megatree components etc

There are other suppliers that I know I missed so hopefuly @Jaali can list them all

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks Nick, we are in the process of collating the vendor info as well as all the attendees info (assuming you registered with the QR code) and we'll send out to all attendees as a little handy reference guide to help you on your blinky journey. That way you can put names to faces you may have spoken with over the weekend, and reach out a particular prop that you want additional info or guidance on. A blinky buddy if you will :)
We hope to have this out to all attendees very soon.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Have the sequence vendors had the info passed onto them as to who won what? I still haven't heard anything from musicwithmotion and I thought I'd check to see if they'd been contacted before I chased them up.

AAH

I don’t know who won what
I got some seed pixels which I gave away, a sequence voucher from musicwithmotion, and some gel filled connected from Mattos.
PyroPete got a Singing Pixel (which I ignored as I thought it was a Nutcracker) and also about a 4ft diameter mostly green ornamenty looking thing.

It's only the sequences that were recorded as far as I know.

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
All the details collated for the voucher winners has/will be forwarded to the appropriate vendors.
Like many of you our volunteers also have day jobs and will get to these types of things when possible.
We will advise once we have any further updates.

Katekate

Senior elf
So had a bit of time to rest and think about the weekend and I have 3 things I'd like to raise as points to improve on for next time.

1. Was anyone else freezing all weekend? Can we turn the heating on/up/whatever?

2. We need a second mic for audience questions, one got brought on on Sunday, but if we can have one to pass around from the start it would make it a lot easier to hear audience questions.

3. Can we get some more diet/zero sugar drinks? There was some coke zero sugar but that seemed to go fast. Happy to sponsor a case of something.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
So had a bit of time to rest and think about the weekend and I have 3 things I'd like to raise as points to improve on for next time.

1. Was anyone else freezing all weekend? Can we turn the heating on/up/whatever?

2. We need a second mic for audience questions, one got brought on on Sunday, but if we can have one to pass around from the start it would make it a lot easier to hear audience questions.

3. Can we get some more diet/zero sugar drinks? There was some coke zero sugar but that seemed to go fast. Happy to sponsor a case of something.
Agreed on point 1 + 2
It was definitely cold, especially on Sunday.
The additional mic definitely helped with questions.

Point 3 - I got a Coke zero but not a regular one :) Maybe the mix wasnt quite there, but the selection was alright. Could certainly be tweaked

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
For those that missed the link, we'd appreciate members who attended to give us feedback (positive or constructive) here

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Generous elf
Just to hit Kates points:
1) you weren’t the only one - I’m not sure how much heating control we have but will see if we can be warmer next year

2) agreed. We haven’t needed it in previous years but it made a difference on the Sunday and we will do it all weekend next year

3) I know we ran out on the Saturday and had to stock up on more that night (which is maybe the cause of discrepancy between Katekate and skymaster). (As someone drinking zero’s - I support getting more of them next year — always a challenge to get the balance right though)

AAH

I was cool all weekend but could easily have rugged up a bit more if I'd known it was going to be cooler. Probably worth noting for the future that heat/ing could be limited.
In the feedback form I suggested either a lapel mic for presenter and handheld for any questions or else the presenter repeats back the questions.
Given the choice I'd drink Pepsi Max but a mix of 1 diet drink, a few leaded and a few cups of tea didn't harm me.