Push Button Speaker Box with Built in FM Receiver - As presented at the Perth 2023 Mini

Lindsayr

New elf
Also I should report the FM tuner was able to be powered via the micro USB for me!
I was just about to ask about this Snicko. So are you running 12v in, and then from the micro usb on the relay to the power input on the fm receiver?

Snicko

Apprentice elf
I was just about to ask about this Snicko. So are you running 12v in, and then from the micro usb on the relay to the power input on the fm receiver?
12v in, into the step down to 5v
5v USB on the step down port to the FM receiver micro USB.
All working

Thanks for the project! I'm struggling to find a reasonably priced speaker that can sit outside in the QLD rain - all of the options I'm seeing are for hundreds of not thousands or dollars which is a lot to spend (on something other than pixels... 😂).

Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

MikeKrebs

Full time elf
Amazon.com.au has outdoor speaker sets for under $100. Search outdoor speakers and here is an example.

But you could just as easily use indoor speakers inside the button box with some separation from the outside of the box and staple some fabric across the "sound opening" to direct any rain drops to be caught and sent out the bottom of the box.

Thanks hugely for the help - I don't know what I was doing wrong (obviously something!) but I couldn't find anything before! Have ordered some, just need to get the rest done now...!

aimbrunone

New elf
New to this site and new to the hobby. I purchased the amplifier, relay and push button but not a fm receiver. I prefer to hard wire with cable from raspberry pi. Anyone able to provide a simple wiring diagram for me to follow before I start attempting my build? Thanks so much!

Lindsayr

New elf
I started my build and am having trouble with the relay not passing power to the power amplifier. I will have to try doing it again maybe with a different relay

Johnnyboy

Full time elf
I started my build and am having trouble with the relay not passing power to the power amplifier. I will have to try doing it again maybe with a different relay
Post up a pic of what you have done. Might be able to help out