50mm 3m opaque tube - bulk buy

mborg10

Michael Borg
Ok got more of a solid quote 50mm dia 3m length acrylic tube is $18 per 3m length delivered to me.
MOQ is 100 lengths. They are sending a sample.
If alls good I'm keeping 4 sets of 8 so 32 lengths.
That would leave 68 lengths remaining.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Be mindful of the issue that were had re the tint tubes they did not last very long...... @ Jeorme....my neighbour planning 12 arches....LOL

mborg10

Michael Borg
I am getting 2 samples from 2 different companies made of different materials. They both assure me they are UV stabilized and after a quick wiki search on the material I agree they will last in the sun. What I don't know is how much light they show and how easy they are to bend. I'm assuming I may have to make a jig fill them with hot sand and bend to correct radius. Which won't be bad because it means they are stronger.
I don't mind putting the work in but I want it too last and look neat.

B_P_J

Full time elf
Any updates on this? i would love to know how it has turned out, i would be looking at 4 x 3metre ones if everything goes to plan, bending, etc, i will be looking at the sand bending trick too, lol, Hope this is a good thing,
Are they fully clear? or the white cloudy look? i would like the clear ones. Thanks mate.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I have been away in Forster for a few days. I don't think they know what wifi is up there. But they do know what beer and beach is.

The samples got shipped yesterday. A 3mm wall thickness and a thinner one possibly 1.6mm

The sand trick is heat up sand on the bbq or oven and pour it inside the tube. This warms the tube and allows you to bend it without kinking.

lizardking

IT IS STILL ALL BENS FAULT
i am interested also i would be looking at prob 6 3 meter lengths so 18 meters if the price and bendability ids right