Starting out questions..

Daniel Rigg

New elf
I currently run standard c9 style lights and I am looking to upgrade for the 2019 Christmas Season, I’m attaching photos of my current setup, I am using a total of 13 25ft lights with I either 6 or
12 inch spacing, I would like to run the same setup but with smart RGB bulb style lighting and possibly 4 leaping arches to start creating lights with music. I don’t know where to begin as the wikis and forums confuse me. I’m tech savvy and know once I get what I need I won’t have an issue, I just don’t know where to begin at. I hope I’m posting in the correct place, any help at where to begin as to what I need to purchase would be great. Thanks!

It would not let me upload but I have my roof and gutters outlined in c9 lights current

Last edited:

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Welcome to ACL, as uncledan has said start with the ACL 101 manual, there is also a wealt of information in the forum and the wiki and the guys are always very helpful with any questions both in the forum and in the chat room

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Hi Daniel and welcome to ACL.
If your tech savvy and happy to connect circuit boards to power supplies and cables then a Falcon Controller is the most popular controller on here, check the wiki https://auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/Pixel-Controllers and check some of the build how-to videos
xLights is the most popular software, you can download that anytime, take a photo of your house for the background and then play around with layouts.
@AAH sells a circuit board that maybe able to control your existing lights so you can sequence them too.

PS. I think you have to make 2 or 3 posts before you're allowed to attach photos