Sydney/NSW Sydney Mini Expo 2013/Vivid festival - 1st/2nd June - Confirm your Interest

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
logandc99 said:
For the purposes of booking flights etc, do you have a rough idea of what time the dinner usually starts on Sat night and what time the mini starts and finishes Sunday.
Just trying to decide whether or not to fly home Sun evening or Monday morning.

I think that we would be planning on meeting around 5:30 to 6pm for dinner on saturday night, maybe a little earlier so we can enjoy a few drinks before dinner

Traditionally the mini has finished around 4:30 to 5pm with a bit of packup and we are out of there by 6:30pm (doesnt mean you have to hang around for the packup thats just when i get out of there)

mborg10

Michael Borg
Star buffet sounds ok with me. It can get busy on a sat night and is usually a line up but it will have food that everyone will like.

Madko

Full time elf
Hey guys,

Got this email today about the sydney vivid lighting festival and thought you guys might be interested.
Seems like something that could be a bit different and though some could be interested. FYI!

Cheers

http://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/39647/spectacular-2-hour-vivid-festival-cruise-on-sydney-harbour-with-bubbly-and-scrumptious-canapes?utm_source=scoopon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newswollongongsub

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Ok guys less than a month before the Sydney mini, so time to start firming up all the plans. If you have been sitting on the side deciding if its worth attending then you should make the plunge and attend, im sure you wont regret it

I will be doing a LSP class that will be a 1.5 hours session, i will then hold another more advanced class if needed or wanted. I am currently preparing the training package for the texas acedemy and plan tou use you guys as my first run.

Lithgowlights wants to do some demos on voltage drop, taking voltage and current readings and some general hands on stuff.

The plan is that the morning will be structured with classes and then after lunch we can then spend that time as an open session as after 3 years i believe this is what most will benifit from.

We need to have some demo lighting to show off, so wondering what people are planning to bring. I can bring a few things including some Minleon lighting to show off, but the more that people have to show off and share then the better for all of us, so please tell us what you plan to bring so we can plan accordingly.

Now Christmas in the Shire needs to come back with some costs for lunch, coffee, tea and nibbles, but if i remember it wasnt anymore than $20 per head which included a fabulous fresh seafood lunch and drinks. (there will be food for those that dont want seafood like chicken and ham) everyone will be catered for.

So looking forward to another great mini and to catch up with many familiar faces and as well as some new ones.

mborg10

Michael Borg
Eddy,
This is my 2nd year for synchronized lights and will be adding RGB pixel to my display. I am 90% sure I will be making the move from LOR to LSP so the 1.5 hr class would be great. From all the youtube videos I have watched I already have some questions especially about setting up pixel matrix in LSP for a mega tree, I might just start another thread for that.

I won't be bringing any display lights as what I have done so far is basic and as plug and play as you can get.

Will the morning be technical stuff and later in the day more visual display. I ask because my wife doesn't want to know about programming cables and how it goes together. She just wants to say "ohhhhh pretty, get that."

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Damicka10 said:
Eddy,
This is my 2nd year for synchronized lights and will be adding RGB pixel to my display. I am 90% sure I will be making the move from LOR to LSP so the 1.5 hr class would be great. From all the youtube videos I have watched I already have some questions especially about setting up pixel matrix in LSP for a mega tree, I might just start another thread for that.

I won't be bringing any display lights as what I have done so far is basic and as plug and play as you can get.

Will the morning be technical stuff and later in the day more visual display. I ask because my wife doesn't want to know about programming cables and how it goes together. She just wants to say "ohhhhh pretty, get that."

The afternoon will be more time spent showing off some different gear that we bring in and to have discussions based on the questions that people want on a more 1 on 1 basis, there will be a few of us that will be able to answer most questions. I find that 1 on 1 works very well because many will also just listen in and learn something from those questions. But yes we will be able to show off some of the stuff and ill be available to ask about any LSP questions and tips.

Wombat

Full time elf
Ok just seen this Count me in for Sunday as usual. I will also have the seafood lunch

1: Coming to the Sunday mini (Kids may be accomodated please ask if needed) Yes,No Kids
2: Having the Sunday mini fresh seafood Lunch (kids welcome) Yes, No Kids
3: Coming to the Vivid dinner on Saturday night (kids welcome) No
4: Just coming to Vivid on Saturday Night, no dinner (kids welcome) No
5: Would like to help to Organise Can Help if needed
6: What would you like to see discussed/or shown at the mini? Anything New :)

Benslights

Dedicated elf
so any more news on the Sydney mini as it is only a few weeks away now.
what do people want to learn and see.

I was thinking of a buy swap and sell table if people are interested.