Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 4, 2022 Sunday, Jun 5, 2022
Registration deadline
Saturday, May 28, 2022
Username Guest count Note
darylc darylc 1
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Skymaster Skymaster 1 Spoiler content hidden.
T thewanderingpine 1
OzAz OzAz 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Max Kabilafkas Max Kabilafkas 1
Slam Slam 2
I i13 2
Daniel1973 Daniel1973 1
M Mike156 1
M midnight 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1
E Emma Jean 1
Johnno Johnno 1
John B John B 1
Pavle Pavle 1
kymm4 kymm4 2 Spoiler content hidden.
N Nericon 2
Crezzie Crezzie 1
Noel Richards Noel Richards 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Ben F Ben F 1
C charltonmick 1
M Mattslights 1
Mjredo Mjredo 1
Bernie_H Bernie_H 1
Trevor Wimmer Trevor Wimmer 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
B billatqh 2
L Littledear 1 Spoiler content hidden.
matthew6 matthew6 2
Max Jago Max Jago 1
TRAVISTY TRAVISTY 1
B burto51 1
lytnin lytnin 1 Spoiler content hidden.
cscool36 cscool36 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S smurfy241 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Fing Fing 1 Spoiler content hidden.
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.

OzAz

Dedicated elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Is that the Quest Bella Vista, 24 Norbrik Drive, Bella Vista New South Wales 2153 that people are booking?

Maybe just the cold spark machine @Max Jago wouldn't want to burn down Woolies. :)

Bernie_H

ConceptLights
Generous elf
Also discussed about Vivid in Sydney, for those interested in seeing it Friday night might be best, and then we'll do the usual dinner on Saturday night.

Dinner Saturday 4th June

Not sure what @darylc remembered about the dinner venue last time, but its advantage is that it can accommodate a lot of people, and it's flexible with meals due to bistro style of ordering when you want.

Just checked Daryl's suggestion, it looks like we can book for a group of up to 40 people in the Bistro. Going by the small numbers signed up so far, this might be a valid option.

Seeing as a $200 deposit is required, we'd need to get a firm number of attendees as soon as possible. I'm OK with paying the deposit and everyone can pay me back on the night, or if possible it's incorporated into the Conference cost and the organisers can pay me back..
I don't think that you should have to put up the deposit and hope to be refunded. I am for commitment and contributing my share to the deposit.

Johnno

Year 1-11k Pixels, this year more then doubling!!
Im in for dinner on Saturday night, and happy to transfer some cash for deposit if needed

thewanderingpine

Apprentice elf
Generous elf
@Troy ELD - you were talking a couple of weeks ago about potentially organizing a Vivid cruise or something on the friday night. Is that still likely to happen?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Generous elf
Thank you to all those who have registered, and sent through their payment for the event.

For those that have not yet registered, please signify your intention to come using the above RSVP. Someone from the organising committee will get in touch with you in regards to full details to add to the registration.
Cost has been set at $25 per person for the mini. Please contact me directly for payment details to secure your registration if you did not receive them in the Facebook chat group.

Many thanks
Mike.

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
@Troy ELD - you were talking a couple of weeks ago about potentially organizing a Vivid cruise or something on the friday night. Is that still likely to happen?

Something could happen! If anyone is interested in having a cruise around the harbor looking at lights, PM me your interest to gauge if its worth looking into. From what I've seen its roughly $100 per person

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Generous elf
The proposed topics and schedule have been added to the second post in this thread. At this stage due to numbers and presenters, we will be running a single plenary room with three round table sessions over the day and a half. The formal part of the event will finish after lunch on Sunday, however feel free to hang around afterwards for general chat.

The cutoff time for registration - including payment - will be 6pm on Saturday 28th of May so that we can get final numbers for catering to the venue.
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the $25 will cover you for both days of the mini.

OzAz

Dedicated elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Additionally, if you want to join us for dinner on the Saturday night please let Keith know via FB Messenger "ACL SYD mini Chat" group.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I'll be flying down Friday, making my way to Quest by mid afternoon.
Sunday night going to head back to the city before flying back Monday - for another night to look at Vivid . It'd better not rain :D

OzAz

Dedicated elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
For anyone who's coming to the Sydney mini and wants to do their own vivid cruise, supposedly you can use your NSW Discover Voucher to get a cheaper fare (on some "dinner not included" trips).

Info via an email I got, I'm not liable for any decisions you make based upon it. :)