Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 4, 2022 Sunday, Jun 5, 2022
Registration deadline
Friday, May 27, 2022
Username Guest count Note
darylc darylc 1
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Skymaster Skymaster 1 Spoiler content hidden.
thewanderingpine thewanderingpine 1
OzAz OzAz 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Max Kabilafkas Max Kabilafkas 1
Slam Slam 2
I i13 2
Daniel1973 Daniel1973 1
M Mike156 1
M midnight 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1
E Emma Jean 1
Johnno Johnno 1
John B John B 1
Pavle Pavle 1
kymm4 kymm4 2 Spoiler content hidden.
N Nericon 2
Crezzie Crezzie 1
Noel Richards Noel Richards 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Ben F Ben F 1
C charltonmick 1
M Mattslights 1
Mjredo Mjredo 1
Bernie_H Bernie_H 1
Trevor Wimmer Trevor Wimmer 1
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 1
B billatqh 2
L Littledear 1 Spoiler content hidden.
matthew6 matthew6 2
Max Jago Max Jago 1
TRAVISTY TRAVISTY 1
B burto51 1
cscool36 cscool36 1 Spoiler content hidden.
S smurfy241 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Fing Fing 1 Spoiler content hidden.
RAMJET RAMJET 1 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kent 1 Spoiler content hidden.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Is that the Quest Bella Vista, 24 Norbrik Drive, Bella Vista New South Wales 2153 that people are booking?

Maybe just the cold spark machine @Max Jago wouldn't want to burn down Woolies. :)

Bernie_H

ConceptLights
Also discussed about Vivid in Sydney, for those interested in seeing it Friday night might be best, and then we'll do the usual dinner on Saturday night.

Dinner Saturday 4th June

Not sure what @darylc remembered about the dinner venue last time, but its advantage is that it can accommodate a lot of people, and it's flexible with meals due to bistro style of ordering when you want.

Just checked Daryl's suggestion, it looks like we can book for a group of up to 40 people in the Bistro. Going by the small numbers signed up so far, this might be a valid option.

Seeing as a $200 deposit is required, we'd need to get a firm number of attendees as soon as possible. I'm OK with paying the deposit and everyone can pay me back on the night, or if possible it's incorporated into the Conference cost and the organisers can pay me back..
I don't think that you should have to put up the deposit and hope to be refunded. I am for commitment and contributing my share to the deposit.

Johnno

Love Blinky Blink
Im in for dinner on Saturday night, and happy to transfer some cash for deposit if needed

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
@Troy ELD - you were talking a couple of weeks ago about potentially organizing a Vivid cruise or something on the friday night. Is that still likely to happen?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Thank you to all those who have registered, and sent through their payment for the event.

For those that have not yet registered, please signify your intention to come using the above RSVP. Someone from the organising committee will get in touch with you in regards to full details to add to the registration.
Cost has been set at $25 per person for the mini. Please contact me directly for payment details to secure your registration if you did not receive them in the Facebook chat group.

Many thanks
Mike.

Troy ELD

Full time elf
Community project designer
@Troy ELD - you were talking a couple of weeks ago about potentially organizing a Vivid cruise or something on the friday night. Is that still likely to happen?

Something could happen! If anyone is interested in having a cruise around the harbor looking at lights, PM me your interest to gauge if its worth looking into. From what I've seen its roughly $100 per person

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
The proposed topics and schedule have been added to the second post in this thread. At this stage due to numbers and presenters, we will be running a single plenary room with three round table sessions over the day and a half. The formal part of the event will finish after lunch on Sunday, however feel free to hang around afterwards for general chat.

The cutoff time for registration - including payment - will be 6pm on Saturday 28th of May so that we can get final numbers for catering to the venue.
One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the $25 will cover you for both days of the mini.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Additionally, if you want to join us for dinner on the Saturday night please let Keith know via FB Messenger "ACL SYD mini Chat" group.

BradsXmasLights

WiFi Interactive
I'll be flying down Friday, making my way to Quest by mid afternoon.
Sunday night going to head back to the city before flying back Monday - for another night to look at Vivid . It'd better not rain :D

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
For anyone who's coming to the Sydney mini and wants to do their own vivid cruise, supposedly you can use your NSW Discover Voucher to get a cheaper fare (on some "dinner not included" trips).

Info via an email I got, I'm not liable for any decisions you make based upon it. :)

Noel Richards

Full time elf
Bought these years ago from Boscoyo they are 1200mm square they are Santa Elf and Tree not singing to big never used would like $15 ono each pickup at Sydney mini as will be expensive to send.
Noel Richards

283298118_589339848954613_5750200925016615799_n.jpg283710568_5067665123323951_2291890467634218017_n.jpg284205736_1367765646967507_3075456840881851767_n.jpg284237071_5031371110314353_8092341720105332360_n.jpg

Johnno

Love Blinky Blink
Just letting everyone know that I will be bringing down a few of my new props for people to purchase if they like

keithsw1111

Senior elf
An update for those who are not in the facebook messenger group (if you arent and have fb then message me and we will add you in).

We have Friday setup for those that need to bring bulky things to the mini and would prefer to drop them off ahead of time. We have access from 5pm at loading dock 1. I dont expect we will be there for more than an hour or so. Please let us know if you plan on attending so I can let security know.

Saturday starts at 9am sharp. Access from 8am via front security desk upstairs from the visitor carpark.

By now if you are attending you should have received an email from woollies (actually several as it got screwed up). You need to register and the email has all the venue details in it. Please read it carefully to ensure you comply with all their requirements.

If you have not got the email then we may not be expecting you so again reach out to us ASAP.

The schedule is in the second post in this thread.

Dinner is at 7pm on Saturday at Ettamogah and we are sitting outdoors this year so please dress warmly if you are attending. We have limited places so you need to RSVP as we can't just have people turning up on the night as we wont have the space.

Door prizes are being handed out on Saturday @ 2pm. You need to be in attendance to win.

If you would like to add to the prize pool please let us know and we will add items to our giveaway list.

If you would like to bring excess equipment to sell/donate to other enthusiasts we have no problem with you doing that. We also are pretty relaxed about vendors who want to bring their wares and sell them.

Pavle

Rank updated… 2 season veteran
Anyone coming along to their first mini? Are you new to xlights?

I’m happy to take requests for content you would like covered in the xlights basics session.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Thank you everyone who came along to the Sydney mini - it was fantastic meeting you all and having some great chats about lots of blinky. I hope everyone got as much out of it as I did!

For those who aren't on Facebook, Keith posted the group photo, which I have uploaded here

Also, a bunch more photos have been uploaded into the media section showing some of the things we got up to.

A big thank you to all the sponsors for the great prizes, to the presenters for their topics, and especially to Keith who dedicated a heap of time to get the mini off the ground and coordinating everything.

Last edited: