Event details

Event date
Saturday, Jun 17, 2017 Sunday, Jun 18, 2017
Registration deadline
Saturday, Jun 10, 2017
Maximum guests
Username Guest count Note
Heath-LightsOnTapley Heath-LightsOnTapley 2
mellowcouple mellowcouple 1 Spoiler content hidden.
ryanschristmaslights ryanschristmaslights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
darylc darylc 1
SmartAlecLights SmartAlecLights 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Karob Karob 1
keithsw1111 keithsw1111 1
Troy ELD Troy ELD 1 Spoiler content hidden.
adski adski 1
D deblen 1
D damo1271 1
thecrazylightlady thecrazylightlady 2
Wendys Wendys 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Lishfish Lishfish 4 Spoiler content hidden.
BradsXmasLights BradsXmasLights 2
Ralphyf1 Ralphyf1 2 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kitman 1 Spoiler content hidden.
Binny Binny 1
B Brett Greenland 2
Fing Fing 1 Spoiler content hidden.
K Kimbo3000 1
jb09 jb09 1 Spoiler content hidden.
X xmaslightshow 1
M mccar 1 Spoiler content hidden.
J JamesA 2

Attendees: What software would you like to see covered during the mini? (multichoice)

• Falcon (Pi) Player

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • xLights

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Vixen

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other: Post a reply describing the software

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brett Greenland

New elf
I wanted to join in the thanks for the weekend just gone. The presenters were fantastic and informative and overall a great bunch of people to handout with that share the same interests. I certainly want to thank the companies and individuals that offered the door prizes, Some of the best prizes I have ever seen as a door prizes.....
I am sorry for being so happy about winning the F16 it purely meant alot to me and my family and again I can only say thanks.......

My display has actually changed over the weekend and has actually grown opps......James now needs to get cracking and help me programme the system lol..... Look out Friday nights....... Anyways thanks all for making James & I so welcome to the group and we will be back in 2018 for a presentation on lessons learnt over the this year.....

Wendys

New elf
Yes a big thank you to everyone involved.
Sarah, thank you for looking after us, and looking after Heath as well,
Daryl thank you for letting me pick your brain a little on the Falcon controller.
Cheers Ryan, looking forward to watching the videos soon.
The Master himself, Keith your knowledge, time and effort is much appreciated.
Also to all the other presenters, Really learnt heaps and enjoyed my time in Adelaide.
Thanks also to everyone else that participate and asked all the questions,
And finally, the Clowns up the back. Sorry for asking so many question. Hope to catch up with you all again soon.

I pushed on all the way home to Wagga via Melbourne last night, 13hrs ( 5:30 am) later I was home

Regards Wayne

Kitman

Full time elf
Sorry I couldn't make it on Sunday but hanging out with everyone on Saturday was great, got to see some new faces and some faces that I saw last year too.
Always great catching up and learning a thing or 2.

Thanks to Darylc, Ryan, Heath, and Sarah for hosting and taking care of us all especially with the food and drink. Look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
It was a fantastic weekend, was it not? xD

Thank you to @darylc and @heathwithnoteeth for hosting and @CrazyCatLady for securing the venue and catering for all of us! Well done to everyone who shared their experiences and knowledge whether in a presentation or informally during the breaks - this really is the key ingredient to a successful mini after all. And thanks to everyone who offered a prize or two (or more!?!) which led to one of the biggest mini prize draws ever :jawdrop:.

It was great to catch up with familiar faces and to meet some new ones too, especially those of you who travelled from interstate :). I hope everyone has come away from the weekend with new thoughts and ideas that will help with creating Christmas light displays you can enjoy and be proud of.

Oh before I forget, here are a few random photos...

View media item 138View media item 136View media item 137

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
Well I finally made it home, after a big weekend, lots of knowledge gained, lots of laughs, and a "few" lemonades as well
It was nice to catch up with you all again, and to meet some new faces.
To the gang of 4, thanks for the all the work organising, planning and feeding us. I don't know what was in those cupcakes but I put on 3kgs
Hopefully I can make it back again next year, but next time I might sit down the front away from the troublemakers

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
The 20100mAh 4.8A USB powerbank battery used to power my tune to matrix was obtained from the following Australian ebay store (now AU$68.95):
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Anker-Po...hash=item33ba5bbce9:m:muNDKTCdfiYihi50-Vedb_g

If you grab something else on ebay to increase your cart total to >AU$75 you can make use of the 15% off CHAOS coupon til midnight tonight. There'll probably be another 15% off later in the month so there's no need to make an impulse purchase right now ;)

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
The long awaited mini videos have been trickling out onto YouTube over the past week and a bit and now the first day is complete. If you've missed them fear not as I've embedded them below :). Day 2 videos are currently being edited.

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
And now for the day 2 videos (finally!!!) xDxD